Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Please pass the rice cereal

That's right - I had my first taste of the good stuff last night!  At my four month doctor's appointment Dr. Moore told us that he recommends waiting between 5 and 6 months for solids and to watch for a few signs of me being ready to go.  I already had the sitting up with assistance and sleeping through the night parts down, but so far I hadn't shown much interest in anything my parents are doing other than playing with me.  That is until last night... 

I was playing with Daddy while Mommy ate dinner and I was watching her like a HAWK!!  I followed her fork from her plate to her mouth the whole time and none of their usual tricks worked to get me off focus..... so my parents heard the ESP messages I was sending and decided to sit me down for some rice cereal along with my 8:00 bottle!! 

I got in my Bumbo chair and had to sit there patiently while Mom kept messing up the measurements and consistency, then couldn't decide between the two flavors Santa brought.... but soon enough we were finally ready to go. 

First bite = DELICIOUS!  AND I didn't spit it all out like Mom expected!  She was ready for a big fat mess, but I did so well! 
 Initially I was more interested in trying to hold the spoon (that's what you get for letting me play with my spoons, Mom) and bring it to my mouth by myself but I decided to play along and let them baby me for a little while longer. 

Ohhh, I want that!!



I got messier as I went and ate about 3/4 of the bowl until I was ready for the comfort of my bottle.

 I drank 5 more ounces and then definitely needed bath time!   

1 comment:

Grandy said...

I think she's on her way to enjoying the "art of dining"

Post a Comment