Ian and I have been married just over a year now, and it has flown by!! We've had so much fun traveling, experiencing a lot of places together for the first time and just being together!! In the last year We've been to Costa Rica, New York, New Orleans, Atlanta, Tennessee, Tampa/Sarasota, celebrated Ian's 30th birthday, and made several trips to Lubbock (ssssssss), College Station (Whoop!!!), Austin, Houston and San Antonio to visit friends!! Here's some pictures from our vacations...
Volcano outside the rain forest we got to explore on our honeymoon in Costa Rica
Outside our bungalow in Costa Rica
I rode a horse!!!
We got to see David Letterman!! Front Row!!!
No trip to NYC is complete without seeing the Empire State Building
For Ian's 30th Birthday I organized Bar Golf on McKinney Avenue! Ian's brother Nathan and wife Danielle got to join us for some fun...
The rivalry continues...
We've also been working hard to get our house all set up just right... Ian has done a lot of work around here like fixing our entire sprinkler system himself, redoing an entire closet shelving unit, lots of landscaping and handy man repairs on our 80 year old house and hanging up every new thing that I bring home!
While we had a few more trips and home projects planned, we got a huge surprise in November when we found out that I'm pregnant and due exactly a year and a half from our wedding date, July 16!!! We couldn't be more excited for Baby Fairchild to arrive and start the new adventure of parenthood! We're so lucky that several of our friends will also have kids around the same age, so lots of friends around for Baby!
Just when I thought I had the house just about right, I've been feeling the urge recently for some DIY projects just to spice things up (or maybe it was the entire week of boredom cooped up at home thanks to the ice and snow fest of 2011)!!! Either way, since we won't know Baby's gender for almost a month which means I can't start Baby's room yet - I've got a whole list of other things to do around the house- recovering chairs, making lampshades, refinishing some furniture, making new curtains... On and on... Let's see how far I get! I'll try to post pictures of what I accomplish.
So with everything going on preparing for Baby and still having fun being married, I thought I'd start a blog to keep up with it all!!
1 comment:
I love this!!!
Post a Comment