In April we took a baby-moon to Charleston, SC. It was beautiful, perfect weather - well one day it absolutely poured on us - but otherwise it was such a perfect place to visit. My poor feet couldn't take more than a couple of activities every day, but we managed to see quite a bit while we were there! Our hotel was a cute little place in the historic district and in the absolute perfect spot. We were right across from a huge park and we were right in between tons of shopping and restaurants. We had some of the most incredible food, every place we went was absolutely fabulous and I forgot how amazing sweet tea is!! :) My favorites were the 82 Queen, Peninsula Grill and Magnolias.
We took a carriage ride around town and got to see some amazing houses built before the Civil War, and several neat historic sites around town. We went to Fort Sumter, USS Yorktown, Boone Hall Plantation which is the old working plantation in the US and where they filmed several scenes in The Notebook, and Drayton Hall.
We definitely want to go back and rent a house on a nearby beach or island next time!
Ian's birthday was in May and we celebrated by going to see the Mavs whoop up on the Lakers!! We were at Game 4 on Mother's Day where they absolutley dominated. It was so neat to get to go to a game - especially since now the Mavs are national champs!!
Here's Ian in our Platinum seats - so fun getting waited on! :)
Woooo!!!! What a beating!
My best friend Alana moved "across the pond" to London in May and I miss her so much already! We had a little going away party for her before she left complete with William & Kate cut outs! :) Hopefully we will get to visit her sometime in the next year over there, but can't wait for her to come back and visit in August and meet Emma!
Im finding its very hard to take good pictures while pregnant! :( My only shot of Alana and I!
Ian's brother Nathan graduated from Tech in May, and I was still able to make the trip out of town! I spent most of the time in the car asleep :) Here's Ian, Nathan and our nephew Cameron:
And Ian's whole side of the family, minus Grandma Peggy!
I also was given two more showers, one by all the sweet ladies I work with, and another by my wonderful sister-in-law, Becky for our family and close friends. Our work shower was at Patrizios, which is where they threw us a wedding shower (not too long ago!!) and we were given so many adorable outfits for Emma and alot of great things from our registry. The shower Becky threw us was book themed, and we were given SO many incredible books we now have a full library!! Every book has a special meaning and I cannot wait to share them with Emma!
At our family shower - we were given many presents, we are so blessed!!
The wondeful hostess and I!
We traded in my Camry for a Toyota Highlander and I LOVE it!!! I didn't realize how much I missed driving an SUV, but I will never go back to a car again. Maybe because right now its so much easier to get in and out of... :)
We celebrated Father's Day with both families, and I feel so blessed to share the day with my dad after everything he went through earlier this year!! My wonderful Dad and I - can't wait for Emma to meet Doctor Grandfather/Papa Jerry/Doc J/whatever name we land on!
We've started having our weekly doctors appointments and were lucky enough to get a sonogram at Week 34 because my belly has been measuring a few cenimeters ahead of schedule. Well our suspicions were confirmed and our little baby girl is already 87% in weight and height!!! Yikes! At 34 weeks they predicted she's around 6 lbs and said will be no less than 8 when she's born (and she will not necessarily be born early!) At my 36 week appointment they guesstimated 7 lbs, so she's definitely on the growing track!
I can't believe it is only 3 weeks until my due date, but I'm trying to prepare myself in case she does decide to surprise us! We have our bags packed and ready to go at any moment!
Emma is quite the little gymnast and moves CONSTANTLY. They say to feel for 10 kicks a day, I feel 10 kicks in an hour at least! She has started hiccuping, which is so fun to feel and must be practicing her somersaults too because she is always rolling around.
I have been feeling pretty good considering I'm in my last month, I really can't complain too badly. My feet and hands do swell a little at the end of the day, but thats only really started pretty recently and I'm still working up until she arrives so I'm pretty busy all day. We are excited/scared/nervous/anxious/thrilled/in love/so many emotions!!! It's hard to contemplate the huge change in our lives, but I can't wait to finally meet this see her little face and love on our baby girl!
36 Week Bump!

2 comments:
You look so cute... I love how all your dresses show off your bump!
And three weeks -- OMG! I'm so excited for y'all! Hopefully we'll get to come up soon after she's born... I can't wait to meet Miss Emma!
Oh wow... I just realized that I was signed in under Scott's profile (don't even ask why it says "Larry" instead of his real name). Sorry about that! Love y'all!
Post a Comment