Mom loved having Daddy home with us, and so did I. As soon as he comes home I like him to hold me and it calms me down if I'm feeling fussy. Normally I like to look all around and can't keep my attention still because there is so much to see, but when my Daddy is talking or reading our bedtime story I just stare and stare at him. No one else can keep my attention like Dad!! I'm already a Daddy's girl!!
During the day I love my awake time and playing with Mommy. She takes so many pictures of me trying to capture my expressions, but I move too quick for her! Now she sees where all that movement was coming from before I was born... I really like to wiggle, squirm, stick out my tongue, wave my arms and kick my legs all around.
I really don't like going to sleep because I think I will miss something. I like to keep one eye open and roll my eyes back when I'm extra tired and everyone always laughs at my sleepy faces. When I finally fall asleep, I'm OUT! Mom loves all the different ways she finds me fast asleep.
I normally wear clothes - but this was the day it was 111, and our house was about 78!
When I wake up from my naps during the day, I just lay there patiently waiting for Mommy to pick me up and feed me. But at night I like to remind my parents how loud I can cry. Mommy is still trying to figure out how best to get me to fall back asleep at night, but music really seems to help, along with my pacifier (Daddy hates that I use one already, but boy do I like it!) and rocking me, but we'll see how long I like all that...
I had my newborn pictures taken last week and Mom was pretty nervous about me sleeping because when she checks on me during naps I immediately wake up a lot of the time, but I showed her! I slept for 3 hours and didn't make a sound when the photographer was moving me all around! I got to wear some cute hats and bows and can't wait to show everyone my first photoshoot!! When I did wake up I was more fussy than usual, so we didn't get any pictures of my big blue eyes, which made Mommy a little sad but there will be so many adorable shots to choose from anyway! Here's me and the photographer - Mom calls her the baby whisperer.
Last Friday night I went on my first trip out with my parents besides the doctor. They took me to Cantina Laredo! I was still fast asleep when they finished eating so they got brave and went to Target for a few things, and when I did so great there too they went to get yogurt! Mom and Sau Sau ventured out this week to go shopping for a couple of hours - Mom has been VERY restless at home since she hasn't been allowed to drive, pick up anything besides me or do much of anything.
My cousin Cameron turned 3 this week, so we took my longest road trip yet all the way to Arlington to celebrate! Cameron loves to hug on me and tries to share his Spiderman toys, since he isn't quite big enough to hold me yet. He gets very concerned when I cry and plays his guitar to help me stop. He made Mommy laugh when he told everyone he's very worried about me because I'm not talking.
Dad playing with Cameron
Me and my Grandy
Overall, I've been taking it pretty easy on my parents, they know they're very blessed to have me!!
I can't wait to see what I get to do next week!!
2 comments:
Susan, you look skinny already! I'm glad y'all are having so much fun (although I know maternity leave can feel very restless), and I can't wait for next weekend!!
Also, we weren't too keen on a pacifier either, but it was a necessity for Eli (and our sanity!). And by the time he was about 8-9 months old, he was only getting it to sleep (and completely done with it by maybe 15 months). So worth it to us to not have a mad, crying baby!
Thank you, I still have quite a ways to go but it's amazing how much different I already look and feel from having that huge baby bump!! Seems like ages ago...
The pacifier is like a mute button! Haha!! She really only needs it when shes tired and is the most fussy, but I already couldn't do without it!
Post a Comment