Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm One Month Old!!

Hi everyone, Emma here again! I turned one month old on Friday!   We celebrated by going out to dinner and dessert (and maybe a cocktail for Mom), actually wasn't much of a celebration for me but I let my parents have some fun every now and then.  My mom bought a cute pink rug and hair accessories for my pictures.   I let her take pics for about 5 minutes before I decided I was over it - she doesn't have the special touch like my first photographer at Chunky Monkey.  Mom had great plans for all these spots in my room to take pics every month to show my growth, but pictures are boring and I just wanted to be held...
 






I've decided its time to start responding when Mom and Dad talk to me so I've started to coo and talk especially at night.  My parents haven't figured out what I'm saying yet, but I like to talk back to them and hope they're fast learners to figure out my language.  I also love to flap my arms and kick my legs when Mommy sings to me while she gets ready in the morning!  She puts me in my bouncer that I LOVE, and we sing along to iTunes.  Dad only likes boring classical music to make me smarter, but Mom lets me listen to that cutie Justin Bieber and Adele!  I'm a very happy baby in the morning and really don't like to nap so Mom and I get a lot of awake play time together!


 



I've always been a smiley baby, but lately I've realized my parents can be kinda funny so I smile at them sometimes too.  I also kind of look around towards their direction when they're talking but there are way too many other things to keep me interested in looking their way for too long.  Like, what is up with these ceiling fans - are they awesome or what!  Anything sparkly, moving or that lights up has my full attention.

I'm pretty sure Mom's loves how content I can be just playing on my own in my crib.  I've been sleeping about 7 hours every night for the last week (HOW AWESOME AM I?!?!?) and when I wake up about 5:30 I just start talking to myself until Mom wakes up to feed me.  Mom loves finding me smiling, talking and waving to myself - I'm too cute.  Plus I've started escaping my swaddle sometimes with my arms because its hard to stay still once I'm awake.  It's pretty hilarious!



During the day I looooove sleeping in mommy's or daddy's arms. I can be dead asleep and they try to sneak me to my crib, but I immediately wake up and wimper til they pick me up again. At least mom is figuring out the difference between my sleepy, hungry and want to be held cries - makes my life much easier! Anyway mom loves to hold me as much as possible, but says it's hard cooking/typing/cleaning/writing/doing anything one handed... So she bought us a baby Bjorn!  I've seen a few people with them and didn't think they were for me, but now we cannot live without it! Its the best of both worlds!  I get to sleep cuddled next to my mom and she can do whatever she does all day.  We've even started doing our morning walks with it, its the best toy!

Bath time is one of my favorites, because usually my Daddy gives me my bath and I love the water!  I just hate when the bath is over and I get cold.  So mommy has been dying to get me in the little pool in our backyard (mostly because I have the most adorable swimsuit ever) - and we finally got out there one night!  I liked it for about 1 minute...  We are going to try again though this weekend because it was really close to my nap time and that might be why I got so cranky. 
I've been out a few times with Mom on my own, and she did OK I guess.  She jostles me around in my car seat a lot which wakes me up just as the car finally puts me to sleep, so that does not make me a happy camper at all!  We've been to Target, Hobby Lobby, the grocery store and a few other places.  Normally Mommy likes to browse and take her time, but I like to keep her guessing whether or not I will like to be out that day or not so she's learning to be quick! 

At my one month doctor appointment today I weighed in at 10 lbs, 2 oz - 80% percentile, 22 3/4 inches - 98% and I forget the head circumference inches but its 98% too.  Clearly I'm going to be tall just like my Daddy, poor short Mommy.   

- Susan's Soapbox:  Okay baby retailers, get it together on these baby clothes sizes!  Emma is 98% in height and still cannot wear most of her 0-3 months even after I've tried to shrink them!  Fits 7-11 pounds my foot!  After having Emma and seeing other babies, I now understand that there is HUGE difference in that weight range.  At this rate, Emma will be wearing winter clothes next spring and summer!  Note to self for our next baby - don't pre buy an entire wardrobe!!  Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment